Monday, February 15, 2010

Wellness

I have been pontificating on some ways I can take better care of myself. These are my wellness goals for the upcoming months.

1. Eat more fruit, even if some of it is in the form of fruit juice.
2. Consume more protein by drinking three protein shakes per day to supplement my vegetarian diet.
3. Mix glutamine powder with my post-workout protein shake to aid in recovery and healing.
4. Take iron supplements every day.
5. Supplement my diet with a probiotic every day.
6. Get to bed by 10:30 pm every night.
7. Spend time each day focusing on my identity as Christ’s beloved daughter.
8. Take a day off from the gym each week to rest.
9. Stay away from emotionally unhealthy people.
10. Practice assisted pull ups twice a week until I am able to reach my goal of 10 unassisted pull ups.
Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bib,

    Have you read "The China Study: the most comprehensive study on diet and nutrition ever done." ? (T. Colin Campbell) It is a great read and extremely informative. I am a vegan myself, if you want more fruit, the very best way to do that imo, is fruit smoothies. I use rice milk, but you may also use, almond milk, soy milk, or cow milk. Some people just use ice and/or water, depending on what your needs and goals are. Health is also one of my interests.

    ReplyDelete